Located at the foot of the Mont Ventoux, in Mazan, Château la Croix des Pins is situated in an area classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. Since 1998, this vineyard in Vaucluse produces organic wines, in the total respect of Nature and Biodiversity.
Eric Petitjean and his friend Jean - Pierre Valade, consulting oenologist, took over the estate in 2010. They have continued to develop the estate in the tradition of organic viticulture and organic wine production.
The Château's vineyard now covers 37 hectares, producing wines in three different appellations: AOC Ventoux, AOC Beaumes de Venise and AOC Gigondas. The Château la Croix des Pins offers you a complete organic range.
Château la Croix des Pins offers you first of all AOC Ventoux red, white and rosé wines.
Thus, the domain offers you two white wines, the Trois Villages, which, composed of white Grenache, Marsanne, Roussanne, Clairette and Rolle, will be the perfect accompaniment to your aperitifs, for a summer tête à tête, or as an accompaniment to a cheese board.
The second white wine AOC Ventoux proposed by the Domaine is Le Secret du Vieux Chêne, composed of white Grenache, Marsanne, Roussanne, Clairette and Rolle, this wine is fermented and aged in French oak barrels for nine months. It has a buttery body and vanilla aromas. It is the ideal wine for a fish dish.
Château la Croix des Pins then proposes the Trois Villages rosé, composed of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault, aged on Rolle lees, this wine is a cocktail of exotic fruits that will refresh your summer evenings.
You can then discover the 500 Seconds, a rosé wine aged in French oak barrels and composed of Syrah and Grenache noir. It is a limited vintage, there will not be enough for everyone!
The estate also offers four red AOC Ventoux wines:
- Les Trois Villages, a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre, a wine adapted to all circumstances, which will accompany your aperitifs or your improvised meals with friends.
- La Noria, composed of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre. This wine has been aged in French oak barrels for eight months. Its notes of spices and cocoa will warm up your winter evenings by the fireplace.
- Petit Nysse is made from old Grenache vines, which gives a very concentrated and powerful wine. The Carignan in this wine is aged in French oak barrels.
- La Tête à l'Envers is a black organic wine "without added sulfite". A blackcurrant syrup that will go perfectly with your chocolate - pear desserts.
The organic red wine AOC Beaumes de Venise elaborated by the Château la Croix des Pins comes from vines nestled in the heart of the Dentelles de Montmirail, on clay-limestone soils allowing to obtain light and airy wines. This Contreforts de Montmirail cuvée gathers all the characteristics of the AOC Beaumes de Venise red, with its notes of cocoa and dark chocolate. It is distinguished by notes of menthol and fresh thyme that make it unique.
Château la Croix des Pins offers two organic AOC Gigondas wines:
- Le Dessous des Dentelles, composed of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre, exhales aromas of garrigue, pipe tobacco, and fresh prune. Its supple and silky tannins are perfect as an accompaniment to your leg of lamb.
- The Parpaillon is a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre which benefits from an 18 month aging in French oak barrels giving it aromas of thyme, menthol and pine cones.
Originality is the key word at Château la Croix des Pins, which produces sparkling wines such as Emilienne, an organic white Pét'Nat "without added sulfite" 100% Gros Manseng. Its aromas of quince paste will take you back to your grandmother's kitchen...
The Sprint, is an organic rosé sparkling wine 100% Syrah which will also plunge you into childhood with its greedy notes of harlequin candy.